Friday, February 13, 2004

I wasn't expecting to post yet again today (and don't expect me to post everyday), but I find this news story from Australia absolutely hilarious. The punch line for me is this:

[Anglican Primate of Australia] Dr Carnley writes that given Australia's diversity, "inter-faith dialogue seems inevitable". But the Sydney diocese [led by Bishop Jensen] was quite cold on recognition of other faiths.
The Dean of Sydney, Phillip Jensen, had denounced other faiths as false. "This is certainly not the most helpful approach," Dr Carnley said.


Well! So Bishop Jensen of Sydney should "recognize" other faiths as not false. Well, I think Dr. Carnley should do a little talking to Jesus about that narrow-minded mean Bishop Jensen.

But Jesus just might talk back: "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father by me."

No comments: