Friday, May 28, 2004

O. K. I don’t mean to get spooky or overspiritualize something, but make of the following what you will.

This past Wednesday at Evening Prayer at Small Continuing Anglican Church (Remember that’s the code name for the church I’ve been visiting in Corpus Christi.), there was someone else who has been recently visiting who is also moving to Corpus – Drew.

He, like me, is from the Dallas area. He, too, is single. Like me 10 years ago, he first looked for a Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) church in his new place, but was not satisfied with what is available.

He now goes to Christ Presbyterian Church in Lewisville, which until very recently was pastored by my old friend Dave Sherwood, with whom I went to Duke. (No, Christ Presbyterian is a not a large church.)

Yes, we’ve practically become friends already.

No comments: