Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Outrageous Ruling

I waited to comment on this until I could verify it. And the press has so suppressed this, it took a while to verify.

But among the outrages of the ruling yesterday striking down the ban on partial birth abortion is the following: the judge wrote that the question of whether a fetus killed by partial birth abortion suffers pain is “irrelevant.�

This parrots what I’ve heard from pro-abortionists before. One pro-abortion leader wrote in 1980 that the question of whether an unborn child is a life was “irrelevant.� (I’d have to dig to refresh my memory who it was. That statement is in the hearing records of the Human Life Bill, in the appendix, I think.) Face it, the core of the pro-abortion crowd doesn’t care whether abortion kills or not. They don’t even care if it tortures.

This ruling is something the Nazis would be proud of. But I guess it’s what we should expect from U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton, a San Francisco judge appointed by Bill Clinton.

On to the Supreme Court – although I have faint hope that a majority of that court will do the right thing.

No comments: