Monday, August 23, 2004

The adventures of Mark's pick-up truck

Sorry I haven't posted in almost a week. There just hasn't been a time where I had both the time and energy to do it.

Among other things, this has been an interesting time for my pick-up. I wrote this yesterday afternoon waiting for a tow truck:

There’s been quite the attack on my truck lately. It’s getting funny.

First, a random small but deadly rock penetrated my windshield while I was on my way back to my motel in Corpus. I thought, Well, I’ll have to mess with that. Then after a bit, I remembered that I needed to stop at this glass shop to chose glass for my shower to be in my new place (Is it grey or white or …..?). I then thought they would know a good windshield place to go to.

So when I stopped in, I asked, “You wouldn’t happen to work on windshields, do you?� I expected the answer to be no, but they did. And even though it was 4:30pm, the repair guy was there and wasn’t busy. They got me taken care of in 10 minutes.

Can you say “God’s providence?�

Second, my truck was broken into last night (Saturday). But all they stole was my digital camera case (They probably thought they were going to get a digital camera.), a Fossil watch, and . . . my Bible. It was in a nice leather case, so they probably thought they were getting something special. I bet they were surprised later.

I have a feeling God is going to use that Bible.

Third, I’m sitting on the back of my pick-up waiting for a tow truck. I got bad gas. I won’t make it back to Denton tonight. DON’T ever get gas from the Grandy’s/Shell in Alvarado. The state department of Weights and Measures will probably hear from me tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how God uses this. I was able to witness in a very minor way to a guy with two sons. He had the same gas problem at the same time. Who knows?

The gas station still hasn’t put up signs warning people not to use the premium. Like I said, the state will hear about it.


UPDATE: Well, actually I did make it back to Denton. Towing it to Denton wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be, so I went for it, and I'm glad. It's nice to be home, and there's a muffler shop I always take my truck to nearby.

The readings at Small Continuing Anglican Church yesterday morning included Romans 8:28. Very appropriate.

I'm not upset over the stolen Bible. The way I see it, when a Bible is stolen, God will use it for repentance or for judgement. And I can rejoice either way.

No comments: