Monday, August 02, 2004

Yesterday afternoon, I asked the rector of Small Continuing Anglican Church tough questions about his attitude toward singles. And he answered well and without hesitation. If there is some reason I shouldn’t join SCAG, I sure don’t see it now.

We talked about other weighty matters, both personal and theological. Then, when I thought he probably had enough of me, he challenged me to a chess game, making it clear he would be disappointed if I declined. It was a long complicated game that we called a draw because coming to a clear conclusion would have taken even much longer. We’re now 1-1-1 in our games.

It amazes me that he enjoys spending so much time with one of the congregation on a Sunday afternoon. I would have wanted to crash!

Earlier, communion at the church really moved me. I felt so united with the others. As I watched the others take communion after I did, I felt like I really loved them in a way I hadn’t felt at any church service anywhere before that I can remember.

I guess it’s easier to be that way at a small church.

I’m really glad that it looks like I’m going to join this one.

No comments: