Monday, January 03, 2005

Christmas ain’t over until God says it’s over!

I’ve discovered that one of the benefits of being Anglican is that the Christmas season isn’t over until God says it’s over (on January 6th, Epiphany, of course ;) ).

I’m very glad of that because yesterday’s service at St. David’s was wonderful and Christmasy. There was a little nativity scene by the steps to the altar. There were enough candles to make an Anglo-Catholic blush. There were plenty of favorite Christmas carols, including Nowell.

And, most importantly, so much of the service pointed to various aspects of God’s grace in the Incarnation that I had to pray “such things are too wonderful for me.” And, yes, I got a bit teary eyed.

Wow, what a special service for me. That I didn’t make it to a Christmas weekend service for various reasons made yesterday’s service that much more special. I’m so thankful I got to go to an excellent Christmas service after all.

Dang, if I’m not careful, I’m going to tear up again.

No comments: