Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I saw the Narnia movie yesterday. . . .

Some friends invited me to come see the Chronicles of Narnia with them, so I went.

I enjoyed it, at least the last half. The first half dragged a bit.

I’m glad I went. And the acting and most (but not all) of the special effects were good. But overall the movie is not in the same league as, say, The Lord of the Rings.

I can see why people’s reactions to the movie are often colored by their reaction to the Gospel. If the Gospel moves you, so will the last half of the movie, because the Gospel is there and presented well. I know I was quite moved at times.

And that goes for those who are moved by the Gospel in a negative way, too. I can see that if someone is offended by the Gospel, he may well be offended by the movie as well.

Keep that in mind as you read reviews both pro and con.

By the way, there was more than a little publicity about the movie over in England. I guess that’s to be expected, particularly with the C. S. Lewis connection.

No comments: