Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The UN Millennium Goals are the solution to everything. . . .

Or so you would think if you have the endurance to read and the stupidity to believe recent pronouncements from the Episcopal Church. Every chance they get, TEC leaders have been touting the UN Millennium Goals.

And, sure enough, in his idiotic statement on the 5th anniversary of 9-11, --Frank Griswold touted the UN Millennium Goals as showing the way forward. That and “reconciliation,” of course.

Chris Johnson has a humorous take on this obsession:


It's odd how just about everything in the Episcopal Church leads back to the UN's Millennium Development Goals. Is that some kind of pastoral counseling move in ECUSA these days?

DISTRAUGHT MAN: Father, my wife, the love of my life, was just killed in an auto accident.

ECUSA MINISTER: I'm so sorry. Why don't you commit yourself to work for the implementation of the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals. I'm sure your wife would have wanted it that way.

ANOTHER MAN: Father, I think I'm an alcoholic. What do I do?

ECUSA MINISTER: That's a brave admission. I'd recommend that you work toward the implementation of the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals. It'll give you a sense of satisfaction that you can't get from alcohol.

AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MAN: Father, lately, I've been overwhelmed with feelings about my best friend's wife. I want to sleep with her and I can't stop thinking about her. What do I do?

ECUSA MINISTER: That's easy, my son. Work toward the implementation of the UN's Millennium Development Goals. Which would you rather do, commit adultery with a hot woman or work for a plan that will bridge "the vast disparity between the wealth of nations such as our own and the extreme poverty of nearly half of the world’s people?"



Heck, “UN Millennium Goals” is becoming a more frequent Episcopalian phrase than “interfaith dialogue”!

No comments: