Wednesday, November 01, 2006

John Kerry and His Vile Comment about Iraq

I am beside myself over this odious comment John Kerry made about our soldiers in Iraq:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

He has so far refused to apologize, calling it “a botched joke.” I watched the full comment on T.V., and it sure as hell didn’t look like a joke to me. But if he was joking, what an awful thing to joke about. If he was joking, that only makes matters worse.

There are a good number of well-educated young men I personally know who have served or are serving in Iraq. One, I’ve been instant messaging with the past few nights. And Kerry’s comment outrages me. I had to restrain myself from making the headline to this post “John Kerry, Go to Hell!!” or worse. But for someone who would make such a comment to try to score political points, then refuse to apologize and say it was just “a botched joke,” maybe such a headline would be appropriate.

More here and any number of places.

UPDATE: The troops in Iraq have noticed Kerry’s comments . . . and have a wonderful comeback.

No comments: