Monday, January 29, 2007

“Woe to those who call evil good . . .”

With my jaded cynical attitude toward Episcolibs, you’d think I’d be beyond outrage by now. But. they. keep. provoking. me.

The latest outrage is this from the Diocese of Virginia:

Many of the 1,000 delegates and visitors present gave a standing ovation when the Rt. Rev. Peter Lee announced that both the standing committee and the executive board of the diocese voted unanimously to take legal action over property ownership in the departing parishes [of Truro, Falls Churches et al].

It’s one thing to possess such fallen logic as to think trying to kick those faithful congregations out of their buildings is what Bishop Lee should do. But to give it a standing ovation?

Here we have the spectacle of a church convention giving a standing ovation to a nasty church fight, really to the persecution of the faithful. Do these people have no shame?

I’ve calmed down a bit since I first read of this. So I no longer feel like pronouncing woes on these people. But it would be redundant anyway. For God already has.

Woe to those who call evil good . . .
Isaiah 5:20

No comments: