Sunday, September 23, 2007

Timing

The Eucharist Friday night at Christ Church was wonderful. The choir sang Byrd’s Mass for Four Voices. And the timing of two things made it just that much more special for me.

Remember when I mentioned how nice it was when the low West sun shone into the nave where the choir was singing during an Evensong? Well, right at they were singing “Amen” to the Gloria, the sun came out and shone into the singing choir.

Later, right was I was kneeling down to take the Holy Sacrament, the choir began singing Agnus Dei. If you’ve heard the beginning of the Agnus Dei in Byrd’s Mass for Four Voices, you know how perfect that is.

Needless to say, I was moved.

And, again, I’m glad what may be my last time to take communion in the U. K. was a particularly special one.

By the way, they sang Mass for Four Voices again this morning. But being unable to take communion made it just not the same for me. I was even a bit depressed afterward.

No comments: