Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Free Books?!?

I don’t say much about it here, but around the turn of the millennium, in my pre-Anglican days, I wrote a book for youth, God Knows What It’s Like to be a Teenager. Yes, that’s the one linked at the top right. What I did was take the Psalms, all 150 of them, and relate them to everyday teen life.

I put a lot of work into it. It took me three years (with breaks) to write it. Then was the arduous task of finding a publisher. Finally a small publisher took me on, and I was on my way. I kept the phone lines busy and went on a few book (and skate) tours. So I sold a decent number of books, for a first book at least.

However, I was overly ambitious with my first printing. So now I have quite an inventory of books taking up space in my garage.

Why am I telling you all this?

I am giving away boxes of God Knows What It’s Like to be a Teenager (36 books per box) for use in ministry and/or fundraising to churches and other groups and organizations that are 1. worthy in my eyes and 2. have small budgets that don’t readily allow for bulk book purchases.

Now be aware that I did indeed write God Knows in my pre-Anglican days. And I would write it differently today. Nevertheless, churches and youth groups from Foursquare to Roman Catholic have found my book useful.

So check out the web site linked above. And e-mail me if you want a box or two: mark at godknows99 dot com. Be sure to tell me a little about your church or organization and how you would use the books. Thanks for helping me clean out my garage.

No comments: