Wednesday, October 22, 2008

At REC General Council

Yes, I did make it here to Victoria, B. C. for the 52nd General Council of the Reformed Episcopal Church. The weather is spectacular. Sorry I haven’t posted much. I haven’t had much extra time.

We’re meeting at the Church of Our Lord, the oldest original REC church in existence, built in 1875. It is a beautiful, unusual building.

Two people I’m particularly glad to see here: APA Presiding Bishop Walter Grundorf and my favorite Northern Californian Anglican, Fr. Brian Foos. He and his choir will be leading us in choral evensong later today. Bishop Grundorf just gave a brief warm address that debunked some of "exaggerations" of difficulties between the APA and the REC.

My rector has just created a photoblog of his time at (and to) this General Council. Yes, there may be a pic or two of me there.

Well, I better pay attention to the first business meeting now in progress.

No comments: