Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Bittersweet Day

This morning, I finally let my web site for my first published book, God Knows What It’s Like to be a Teenager, die. Its time had come. It had served its purpose. I hadn’t even updated it in over two years.

Letting it expire is still bittersweet, however. This day brings back a lot of memories. Promoting the book (which, on purpose, did not make me a dime) gave me good excuses to go to punk rock shows and skate parks and have fun with teens and with those who also made it a priority to reach teenagers. I even had a unique book and skate tour in which I did book signings and skated excellent skate parks. And, yes, I made some good friends through all that. Good times.

And, of course, there was the excitement of finally being a published author.

The book is long out of print, and I still have boxes of books in my garage. I hope they prove useful someday. I am thankful for how God used my book while it was out there. Maybe He is still using it for all I know. If God can use the jawbone of an ass . . . .

The site is still up last I checked: www.godknows99.com. Better check it out quick if you want to see it one last time.

No comments: