Monday, July 26, 2010

Silly Presbyterians

Mainline Presbyterians have gone apostate. How can I say that with such blunt confidence? Because they are so apostate, they have become silly.



Didn’t someone say that whom God destroys he first makes silly? I consider it part of the blindness of libchurchers that they do not realize how truly silly they appear. Personally, when the giant “Puppet of Doom” appeared, I nearly busted a gut laughing.

I think the unfortunate youth towards the end of the procession realized how silly it all was. They look about as enthusiastic as when kissed by mom in front of the cool crowd.

And, is it just me, or does the procession seem slightly more pagan than Christian?

And don’t write this off as the product of some goofball church in, say, San Francisco. This is the opening of this year’s General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA).

Thanks be to God I am a former mainline Presbyterian. And thanks to Christopher Johnson for posting the video.

2 comments:

peggy38 said...

Ok I made it to the 3 min mark before I felt a scream forming in my throat and I had to quit.

How about, I don't know, a Christian hymn, perhaps? What about throwing a Cross in there or sumpin? You know just for appearances...

peggy38 said...

P.S.


Yeeeeeeeargggggh!!!