Thursday, January 26, 2012

School Superintendant Threatens 15-year-old for Opposing Gay Adoption

We’ve read numerous stories about the state attacking the free speech and religious freedoms of Christians in Canada and the U. K. But now there seems to be more and more stories like this here in the U. S. A. It makes me wonder how long before the whole West is one big anti-Christian gulag.

Some details can be found here, including links to the offending column written by the 15-year-old boy and a statement from the superintendant. The column is hard to read due to small print, and I can certainly quibble with it. Heck, I can quibble with my book God Knows What It’s Like to be a Teenager of just over ten years ago. But the column is certainly not bigoted except to those who have a chip on their shoulder. (Here’s a better quality pdf of the student’s column.)

As for the superintendant’s letter, I am not buying it. But then I wasn’t there.

Whatever the exact facts of this case, I agree with Christopher Johnson that it has gotten to the point that “when it comes to The Issue, there is only one right answer.”

No comments: