Monday, April 16, 2012

Lord Carey Assails UK Attacks on Religious Freedom

If you think I’ve been a bit overwrought in the past when I’ve called the current state of freedom in the United Kingdom “Gulag UK,” try reading excerpts from Lord Carey’s submission to the European Court of Human Rights.

The former Archbishop of Canterbury pulls few punches in rightly assailing attacks on religious freedom in the UK from courts and governments.

My only qualm is I would not feel comfortable submitting anything to the EU or EU courts. I think the EU should be told to bug out rather than intervene in British affairs.

But, sadly, UK authorities are utterly failing to protect religious freedom. “Human rights” have become “Human rights for me, not for thee,” a club which secularists and gay activists are using to pound Christians into submission. Lord Carey is courageous and right forthrightly to convey this sorry situation. So get thee hence to read the excerpts from his submission.

And wait for the attacks on Carey for telling it like it is in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

No comments: