Thursday, October 17, 2013

Downfall XV: Obamacare


For not a little time, I’ve wanted to include Obamacare in my Downfall series as I have long thought it could be a big factor in Obama’s coming loss of power.  But I’ve procrastinated due to lack of time and energy and to it being a large subject.  And now as Obamacare is already imploding, I wished I would have gone ahead and posted so I’d look more prophetic!  But better late than never…

The disastrous “Obamafail” of a start to Obamacare will prove to be only part of the problem with this law.  The biggest problem is and will be all the millions of Americans who are finding their insurance policies cancelled and/or their premiums skyrocketing.  Twitchy has been posting samples of that.

The tidalwave of anger from cancelled and UNaffordable policies will only be made worse when people, in spite of the best efforts of Obama’s kept “news” media to ignore it, become aware of the corruption and willful mismanagement in Obamacare.  When people become aware that the Obama Administration has appointed IRS crooks to run it.  When people become aware that the joke of a Healthcare.gov web site was not competitively bid and cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars.  When people become aware that the White House was warned repeatedly by allies that Obamacare was not ready, but that Obama shut down the government instead of agreeing to a reasonable and needful delay.  And no telling what else will come out.

Not to mention that at no time has Obamacare had the support of a majority of the American people.  We did not want it, but Obama and his Democrats crammed it down our throats anyway, accompanied by lies and false promises, e. g. “If you like your health care coverage you can keep it.”  Republicans need to remind people of that again and again and again in 2014.


And time does not permit me to go into how Obamacare hurts employment by being a disincentive for employers to hire full time workers.

I could go on (as forbearing readers know), but I think Obamacare will be the biggest factor in the Downfall of the Obama Regime.  Americans have been very tolerant towards Obama, too much so.  Anger and frustration with Obamacare could be the tidalwave that washes that tolerance away.  It will thereby increase the downward political drag of all the other heretofore overlooked enormities of the Obama Administration.

And if I’m wrong? (And I very well know I could be.)  Ugg, let’s not go there for now.  I do fear for my country.

Since Democrats and Obama’s kept "news" media have succeeded in part in demonizing Republicans and the tea party, the politics of the 2014 elections are murky*, yes.  Nevertheless, do not be surprised if, thanks to Obamacare, 2014 makes 2010 look like, well, a small tea party.

(*Or is it? A tea party candidate just did reasonably well . . . in New Jersey.)

----

Downfall is an ongoing series anticipating and tracking what I expect will be the self-destruction of Obama.

The first post may be found here.  The series may be found here.

No comments: