Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Downfall XIX: Iran


Leaving aside the question of whether Obama’s deal with Iran is a good deal for anyone other than Iran and their nefarious allies, I do not expect this to end well.

I expect Iran will use this break to regain its economic bearings and will proceed with getting the bomb.  And I’ll say right off that if my expectation is correct, it isn’t brilliance on my part.  Liars tend to lie.  Genocidal maniacs, if unchecked, tend to proceed towards genocide. 

In any case, Iran getting the bomb will increase discontent with Obama, especially after this deal.  Politically, it might have been better for him to do nothing.  (And I’ll be the first to say Iran is a difficult problem with which to deal short of nuking them back to the stone age, which I neither wish nor recommend.)

Note I do not expect Iran to be a primary cause of his downfall.  Obamacare is fulfilling that role.

Oh, I stole the pic from Drudge’s page this morning.  We think so much alike I think he stole the idea from my brain overnight.  So there.

----
Downfall is an ongoing series anticipating and tracking what I expect will be the self-destruction of Obama.


The first post may be found here.  The series may be found here.

1 comment:

BillB said...

There is one answer to what Iran is doing -- Taqiyya.