Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Environmental Totalitarianism UPDATED

I think I should state right off the top that I believe in taking responsible measures to protect the environment and to conserve nature and wildlife. Further, I have taken measures on my own land at personal cost so to do.

However, as long time readers know, I also oppose all forms of totalitarianism.  And the environmental movement has become pretty much become just another face of Leftism with a strong streak of totalitarianism.  The words of a prominent spokesman, Robert Kennedy, Jr., illustrate this very well:

Kennedy Jr. accused skeptical politicians of “selling out the public trust.” “Those guys are doing the Koch Brothers bidding and are against all the evidence of the rational mind, saying global warming does not exit. They are contemptible human beings. I wish there were a law you could punish them with. I don’t think there is a law that you can punish those politicians under.”

Kennedy saved his most venomous comments for the Koch Brothers, accusing them of “treason” for “polluting our atmosphere.”

“I think it’s treason. Do I think the Koch Brothers are treasonous, yes I do,” Kennedy explained.

“They are enjoying making themselves billionaires by impoverishing the rest of us. Do I think they should be in jail, I think they should be enjoying three hots and a cot at the Hague with all the other war criminals,” Kennedy declared.

“Do I think the Koch brothers should be tried for reckless endangerment? Absolutely, that is a criminal offense and they ought to be serving time for it,” he added.


If you want something really toxic, look at what Kennedy and his totalitarian ilk are doing to this country.

-----

MORE:
In case you think Robert Kennedy Jr. is a one-off, the climate change protests were swarming with totalitarians.  See for yourself.


The Snooze Media ignored this, of course.

1 comment:

BillB said...

Boy do the Democrats HATE the Koch Brothers. I realize that the Leftist/Democrats would like the government to outlaw any opposition to them. The problem is that the Leftist/Democrats donors give far more money that Conservative donors do.

One could easily substitute "George Soros" for "Koch Brothers" in the above statement because I believe he gives more to buy the government than the Koch Brothers. But since he is one of THEM that would be treason to say such.