Wednesday, December 24, 2014

For Christmas Eve Shoppers

I have never been a Christmas Eve shopper although I might become one this year for an extra gift or two.  In part because of events with my novel Pilot Point, finding the time and energy for Christmas preparation has been a push this year.

So this post is not to condemn Christmas Eve shoppers (who may be enduring self-condemnation already) but to help.

Now, at the risk of repeating myself, remember Christmas is a season that begins on Christmas Day and lasts twelve days.  There is no shame is giving Christmas gifts after Christmas Day.

But I know most would rather not use that Anglican excuse and go that route.  So may I once again suggest e-books?  They are very easy and often inexpensive to give, certainly in the case of Kindle books.  There is no wrapping, and delivery is immediate.  Yes, you can buy a gift today, and it gets delivered today.  And no one need know of your procrastination.

It does not have to be the Kindle version of Pilot Point that you give.  Many, perhaps most, books that come out nowadays are available in Kindle.  But if you do choose to give Pilot Point, which I think a good gift for Anglicans and Texans especially, you certainly have my festive thanks. :)

Christmas Eve shopper or not, I hope you enjoy this Christmas Eve and Christmas season as much as I intend to do.  And, as always, thanks for your support.


Have a Happy Christmas.

No comments: