Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Personal Note on Ember Days and St. Matthias’ Day

Tomorrow Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday are the Ember Days for the season of Lent.  For helpful information on these, one may go to the discontinued (Alas!) Low Churchman’s Guide to the Solemn High Mass.

You are very welcome.

On an even more serious note, I have two intentions for these Ember Days and would appreciate your joining me in prayer concerning them:

1. I am seeking discernment as to how to further my education.

2. More short term, I am seeking discernment as to how to best promote my novel Pilot Point.

If Pilot Point never becomes a best seller (SNORT!), I am okay with that.  But I do want to be diligent in promoting it without getting obnoxious or out of proportion about it.

I am and will be praying for guidance in these two areas with the modest realization that one of the lessons of today, the Feast of St. Matthias, is that the Lord’s plans for us are often quite different than what we imagine!


Again, prayers for discernment in these two areas are coveted.

No comments: