Thursday, September 17, 2015

Carly Fiorina’s Moment

When Carly Fiorina announced her candidacy for President, I remembered her as a California Republican who lost to Barbara Boxer and thought, “Meh.”

But the more I heard her, the more I liked her to the point where before last night she was one of my three favorite candidates.

Then last night… wow.  She not only was the clear winner of the debate, she had a great moment that had me and millions standing up and cheering.  Carly Fiorina’s moment . . . for the ages:


Fiorina’s poll numbers will go up at least 10% after this, vaulting her into the top three . . . at least.  And you might need to get used to saying President Fiorina.

----

This is a good time publicly to revise my favorite candidates.  I was an early endorser of Rand Paul, but both his statements and his performances have disappointed me since then.  I’ve also liked Scott Walker and still do.  I particularly agree that Federal Government employee unions should be outlawed.  But he has faded badly in the polls, and his convictions on illegal immigration are not as strong as would like.  I’ve long liked Ted Cruz but questioned his electability.  But with the electorate even more angry at Washington than I thought, I now consider him electable although his current poll numbers are not showing it.

And now Fiorina is becoming a conservative giant able to cut through B. S. without mercy, not unlike Margaret Thatcher.


So my favorite candidates (favorite as in the ones I want to win) are now Fiorina and Cruz.

No comments: