Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Significance of Trump’s Supreme Court List

Yesterday, Donald Trump released a list of eleven judges he would consider appointing to the Supreme Court.  Conservatives, including some not at all well disposed towards Trump, are impressed.

I find this significant.  Conservatives like me knew Hillary Clinton would appoint horrific Supreme Court Justices but also had little to no confidence in Trump’s wisdom in making SCOTUS appointments.  But now Trump is laying out that his Supreme Court appointments would likely be excellent or at least far better than Hillary’s.  And it may make Supreme Court appointments the issue it should be in this election.

Frankly, this assurance makes it more likely that I will hold my nose and vote for Trump.  And I am someone who has been profoundly unhappy with him as a perusal of some past posts will reveal.


Thus, if I am any indicator at all, Trump’s move was a smart and significant one politically as well.

1 comment:

Tregonsee said...

Trump has mentioned he is working with the Heritage Foundation, which is a good thing. He also has said that these are only suggestions, which is not a good thing, even if it is truthful.

Personally, I plan to take a handkerchief to the poll with me, since I will be holding my nose so hard it will bleed when I vote.