Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Last Sermon of Presiding Bishop Royal Grote, R. I. P.

Friday morning, I was among the many who received the shocking news of the passing of Royal Grote, the Presiding Bishop of the Reformed Episcopal Church.  (My apologies for the delay in posting.  First, I was at a loss for words.  And then I lacked adequate internet.)

It was a particular shock to me as he stayed overnight at my house while visiting my parish this year, and his health seemed excellent.  Those I’ve touched base with yesterday agree that this was very sudden.

But it was peaceful.  He went to sleep and woke up in heaven.

Do pray for his family and many friends.  And pray for the Reformed Episcopal Church and for the Anglican Church in North America.  We have lost a humble and great laborer and saint.


His last sermon this past Sunday, the Sunday Next Before Advent, is perceptive and edifying as was typical of him.  I commend it to you.

No comments: